APO Ciclopirox 8% Nail Lacquer 7ml
Apo-Ciclopirox Nail Laquer is used to treat fungal infections of the fingernails and toenails. Ciclopirox penetrates the nail plate to reach the pathogen and works by stopping the growth of fungus
Directions: Apply to affected nails every other day for the first month or as directed by your doctor. You must read enclosed detailed instructions regarding the use of APO-CICLOPIROX (Ciclopirox Topical Solution, 8% w/w) Nail Lacquer. This product must be used as a part of a treatment program for fungal infections of the nails (onychomycosis) that includes regular removal of the infected nail as well as daily treatment with APO-CICLOPIROX.
- 1. Before starting treatment, remove any loose nail or nail pieces using nail clippers or nail files. If you have diabetes or problems with numbness in your toes or fingers, talk to your doctor before trimming your nails or removing any nail pieces
- 2. Apply APO-CICLOPIROX once daily (bedtime is best) to all affected nails with the applicator brush provided. Apply APO-CICLOPIROX evenly over the entire nail and the skin right around the nail. Where possible, APOCICLOPIROX should also be put on the bottom side of the nail and the skin beneath it. Let APO-CICLOPIROX dry (about 30 seconds) before putting on socks or stockings (Figure 2). After putting on APO-CICLOPIROX, wait 8 hours before taking a bath or shower. When you are finished putting APOCICLOPIROX on your nail(s), put the brush back into the bottle and close the cap tightly. Avoid getting the brush dirty
- 3. Apply APO-CICLOPIROX daily over the previous coat
- 4. Once a week (every 7 days), remove APO-CICLOPIROX with rubbing alcohol. Remove as much as possible of the damaged nail using scissors, nail clippers, or nail file
- 5. Repeat process (steps 2 through 4)
- Active ingredient: Ciclopirox 8% w/w
- Also contains ethyl acetate, gantrez ES-435 and isopropyl alcohol
Precautions: Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Not for use on children. Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding. Not for use in eye or vaginal area. If you are taking prescription medicines, please consult your healthcare practitioner before using Apo-Ciclopirox Nail Laquer. Do not use Apo-Ciclopirox Nail Laquer if you have a known allergy to any of the ingredients listed. Completely read the instruction sheet and use strictly as directed. Continue to use this medication for the full time prescribed, even if symptoms disappear. Stopping the medication too early may result in a return of the infection.Tell your doctor if your condition worsens or does not improve after 6 months of treatment. It may take up to one year for the nail to be clear or almost clear.