Blackmores S/Rel Buffer C Tabs 75
- Releases nutrients slowly over a sustained eight-hour period, so vitamin C is available when your body needs it
- Low-acid formulation buffered with mineral ascorbates to make it gentle on the stomach
- Contains citrus bioflavonoids to support the action of vitamin C in the body
- Supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection
- Supports wound healing and helps maintain healthy, supple, elastic skin
- Potent antioxidant - supports the bodys defences against free radicals
- Helps maintain capillary health
Blackmores Sustained Release C releases vitamin C gradually over an eight-hour period. This low-acid vitamin C formulation is buffered with mineral ascorbates to make it gentle on the stomach, and also contains citrus bioflavonoids.
The human body does not manufacture its own vitamin C, so we must obtain it from our diets. If dietary intake is inadequate or an individuals need is particularly high (for example during times of stress or illness), taking a vitamin C supplement can help maintain optimal intake.
Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that is involved in hundreds of the bodys biological processes.
It supports immunity and helps maintain resistance to infection due to its involvement in the normal healthy functioning of the white blood cells and antibodies.
Vitamin C is also required for the manufacture of collagen (a structural component of the skin, cartilage and tendons), so it plays an important role in the bodys wound healing processes, and in maintaining the elasticity and suppleness of the skin.
The blood vessels also contain collagen, so vitamin C is essential to their structure and function too. Its role here is supported by citrus bioflavonoids, compounds that are related to vitamin C and that support the integrity and functioning of the capillaries.